Thursday, June 30, 2011

1/100 Hangar Lift Truck Part VI

I pretty much just painted more tonight.  I started off by masking off everthing except the gray areas and then painted them.  I used lacquers for the gray but enamels for the aluminum, copper, and some black parts.  I painted the enamels after the lacquer had dried, cured a bit, and been clear coated.  After I did the enamels I clear coated that with lacquer gloss coat as the enamels take for-goddam-ever to dry let alone cure.  The lacquer topcoat at least makes it so I can touch the surface.  I wouldn't bet on it being really cured for a bit, but it does hold up well, as I've done this in the past with good results.  I then did my oil paint wash to define the panels and edges.  It is a great way to fill the seams on masked edges also.  I think it turned out great.  I still may add a decal color to the door like red or burnt orange in a diagonal pattern about waist height to the lil' crewman in the photo, but it may look too busy so perhaps I'll go with Less Is More.  I still also need to make the mold of the boom arm, but I'm lazy.  Maybe today/tomorrow as it's crazy early in the morning. 
Here are some more photos.

1 comment:

  1. my my... its like mom sat on a bus.. looks good boo