I guess the blog title sounds a bit more ominous than it really is, but it's been a day of mixed things. I had planned to print out the drekky instruction manual and finish up the packing for sending out, but that was before our male ferret started having seizures and had to be put down. It's been a rough year for relatives passing away. Le sigh. And the not necessarily comparable but still downer problem I was having with a particular mold today just compounded my already kinda crappy day. (I have a particular mold where the surface of the mold keeps getting a weird matte surface quality to a part that is usually pretty glossy, the parts are still good but it just makes it look like there is a surface quality flaw and I don't know why it's happening.) So today I just haven't really felt much in the mood to do anything productive.
I did, however decide that it would be a good day to maybe start rounding up the cured lenses and toy with them for a few minutes.
I took one of my old kits that I modified a little bit when I was first learning to model (an old crappish kampfer mod I did) and cemented on a little bit oversized pink lens. I used pink as in the animations usually the mono eyed mobile suits have pink eyes when the suit is on. I used a slightly oversized eye because it catches the light a little better and shows off the clarity. The smaller better sized version is harder to photograph well, but I do have plenty of those too. I think I'm gonna use these for my SMS Kampfer conversion kit I'm gonna build soon. Anyhow here are some eye lens photos.
DISCLAIMER: The work and paint on this kampfer head is old and I just grabbed it to test out the mono eye lens, it's not my current work.
On a side note I decided to also make myself a phone case and I used my logo with Japanese text. I should be getting it in a week or less. I needed a case and it's always fun making custom products. Here is what it should look like when done.
Well on a less somber note I should have updates on the drekky shipping out soon, the LG casts coming along, and hopefully I can post the decal layout sometime this week. Thanks to you all for reading.
Stay tuned mechaholics...