Monday, July 29, 2013

Fleischer Truppe Figure Sculpt: Part One

Hey All,
   I felt a bit of inspiration today so I started my sculpt for what I'm calling the Fleischer Truppe.  I think that roughly translates to butcher squad in German.  The concept is that this is a chemically enhanced and engineered human soldier who fights what are called "smiling men".  The smiling men are humanoid predators that have the ability to unhinge their jaws, making their mouths open quite wide which makes their lips and mouths always look like they are smiling.  Long story short the name Fleischer Truppe is a name given to the soldiers who fight the smiling men to embolden the humans in their fight against the superior predators they fight.  This figure I'm sculpting is going to be a 12" figure with articulation all over, and hopefully good detail.  It's my first organic looking sculpt so I may have to rework or remake certain parts as I'm going, but that's how I work anyway so nothing new there.  I'm starting with the basic muscular humanoid form, and then I'm going to add the armor on top of that after the form is finished.  Here is what I did today.


I'm using sculpey for the sculpt.  I find that the super sculpey is better for this work as it holds fine details well, and is easy to bake quickly.  For the larger forms I've just rolled up bits of aluminum foil and just sculpted a thin layer of sculpey on top of that.  


My plan for this is to make the whole body in segments, and then after refining them I'm going to cast them and then chop of the parts into smaller parts that I can add joints to.  Such as the upper arm will become three parts such as the shoulder, the bicep, and the elbow.  The final sculpt will look much different than what I've made today, but I think it's a good start.  Some of my proportions are funky still, but not bad for a day's work.  Now some more pics!

I'll keep you updated as I make progress.

Stay tuned mechaholics...  (yeah the sculpt is gonna look mechanized when finished)


No comments:

Post a Comment