Alrighty guys I have almost finished making molds for the leg parts. Just the rear calf thrusters next. Then that part of the conversion kit will be replicable. I think I will make the mold for that part tonight or tomorrow. I also want to start making the arm molds soon. One thing though for any who are gonna want to buy one of my casts for the conversion kit; the surface quality will not be totally smooth like a mainstream kit, it will require some surface priming. Just so I warned ya. Otherwise everything will hopefully fit perfectly and look great. My parts I demolded today just snapped right on and look great to me! Here is my progress.
I still need to detail up the ankle cover, and I need to figure out a way to cast the calve thruster. It has some serious undercuts on it and it's gonna be a pain to reproduce. I was really psyched though that my first casts came out great and snapped right on. No struggling, no battle against air bubbles. Just great casts the first time. I did my normal diamond mold method, but this time I also made sure to wash the molds with diluted soap and water once before I used them. I don't know if it helped, but it did help remove some of the mold release which I know stops the urethane resin from curing. BLASTED MOLD RELEASE!! Why are you so functional. Water is also a nightmare for urethane resin casts as the resin reacts with it causing the formation of bubbles. So before I used the molds I used my air compressor and forced the water out of the tight spots. The project is coming along great and now for some more fun: trying out my new footie shoes!