Thursday, February 16, 2012

Build Off: Hummingbird vs. thehelmosengine!!

Hey all,
   I've been a lazy ass lately and have been spending my time building but not posting.  So I hope to catch the few of you who follow me up on what I've been doing.  Somewhat on a whim I picked up my 1/100 Providence Gundam from the Seed series and decided that I wanted to MGify it.  Well I chose to kitbash and scratchbuild parts to meld it to the RX-78-2 OYW frame.  Well once I had started that I was talking to my friend Gary who you may know as Hummingbird on the forums, and he was building his 1/100 Legend Gundam and we decided to have a build off.

Because I am still a lazy poo I've made a gif to show the quick reel of what I've done so far.

CLICK ON THE PHOTO BELOW FOR THE PROGRESS SLIDESHOW:
Here is where I am now:







Here is the model above the asteroid base dio that I'm making for it:


    Ok so Gary and I are having a lotta fun with this build, and he is really pulling out the stops on doing functional mods for his 1/100 Legend, so I gotta really make sure this thing looks top notch.  I will try to update here more often.  I'm really happy with how it's gone so far, and just wanted to post the work here just in case anybody missed it on the forum.  You can always click here to see the WIP build off page on the MAC forums.  It has more details on the day by day build.  

Stay tuned mechaholics!

No comments:

Post a Comment