I did a small amount of work yesterday to make the legs look more like the original Providence design by adding a little flare to the bottom of the foot guard and making intakes for the lower leg armor. Doesn't look like much was done I know, but it was a good degree of work.
I started by making the vents, drilling out the shape for them in the leg, sanding the area down smooth and then filling the cracks and seams with super glue and baby powder. Then I went and did my typical light clean up with putty and primer. The knee intake still needs some cleanup and to be smoothed out, and a little bit on the lower intakes. I'm looking forward to making the back of the leg soon too. Here is my plan for that:
I haven't started on the rear of the leg yet. Here is what I did yesterday however:
Now for some more fun shots:
And I always take a few with the model above the dio:
That's it for today, it's kind of ridiculous how much work goes into adding a vent where there wasn't one before, but it is what it is. Hope you all like the progress. Still trying to decide whether or not I want to make this into a conversion kit for the MG RX-78-2 OYW. If anybody has any feedback feel free to post it below! Stay tuned mechaholics...