Thursday, August 11, 2011

Drehksturm WIP Part XIV

Yesterday I decided that the afterburners would benefit from a bit of detailing also, so I thought to add some more gear teeth to make it look like they rotate.  It would make sense that the afterburners could rotate to allow the mech to change trajectory so I made it look like the cylinder had teeth on it and the mechanism above it would turn it via gear drive.  The way I made the gear teeth is I cut out a strip of plastic in a thin long rectangle, then I shaved down a long rectangular rod into something like a triangle, then cut it in short little cuts to match the thin width of the plastic sheet.  Then glue them down in the spacing you like and then wrap the plastic sheet onto the part and glue it.  Now prepare for death by photos!









No comments:

Post a Comment