Today I have settled down for the loooong week of pouring plastic. All the molds are made, so now I just have to clean the excess mold release out by making shit pours, then I can make the good casts. (Basically when I make a mold the first three resin pourings after the mold is done will be tacky because of the amount of mold release I use to make the mold.) So here is my dummy cast, or the first cast I've made showing all the good casted parts I've made so far.
Casting, casting, casting..........so far I have been making good progress. Oh and before I continue I want to give a heartfelt shout out to my Dad for giving me the pressure pot that makes all this possible. THANKS DAD FOR THE PRESSURE POT ONE OF THE MOST USEFUL TOOLS I USE! I now have a mountain of molds and more on the way! Keep in mind that each half of a mold takes 24 hours to cure so I think I'm making good time. Also all the molds for the entire Assault Type conversion will be done probably in two or three days. So after that I will just be amassing parts for the boxed kits. Oh and in case I failed to mention it I am making two different types of kits for the conversion, the Assault Type, which is what I'm molding now which has missiles and guns and a short afterburner for quick burst thrusts and military assaults. The Recon Type I will be working on after this one is done will be geared for espionage and recon work. It will have longer thrusters and more cloaking gear like LADAR jammers and Radar jammers, proximity mines, long burn thruster and long swallow tail like deflectors, and custom intakes on the torso to look more elegant and to muffle noise and static generated by the reactor and components. Long story short, two types one is almost finished, one is still being worked on. Here are the mold for the Assault Type so far: